DTDCH Script Suite
The DTDCH Script Suite consists of two tools: DTDCH Shutter Integration integrates our Electronic Shutters with Capture One CH, and a set of batch cropping tools known collectively as the DTDCH Crop Manipulators. Better shutter integration means our clients using DT RCams can focus more on material handling and assuring the quality of the images. The new Crop Manipulator tools enhance the functionality of the AutoCrop tool, decreasing the time spent in post processing by reducing or eliminating tedious cropping tasks such as Page Splitting or the inclusion of an Object Level Target.
DTDCH Shutter Integration
The DT RCam uses an electronic shutter in the lens, which is controlled by either DTDCH Shutter Control (for the SES shutter) or eShutter Control 2.1 DTDCH (for the eShutter). This integrates that software into Capture One CH. It provides the following features:
- Always Ready Capture: Capture can be triggered without Capture One CH in the foreground (for instance if taking notes in another program when you trigger capture). This capability is provided by a third party app called Apptivate, included in the install files.
- Auto Open/Close for Live View: The lens will automatically open and close when the user opens or closes live view.
- AutoDetect Shutter Software: When Capture One is opened this script looks for the shutter control software and, if detected, automatically integrates it into the workflow. If no such shutter control software is detected it assumes a camera other than the RCam is in use (e.g. a Phase One XF) and does not attempt to integrate a separate shutter.
- Manual Override: The user can manually override the automatic detection describe above. For example when switching from an RCam to an XF without restarting Capture One. To do so, select [Scripts > Background Scripts > DTDCH ShutterIntegration].
- Dark Frame Control: When working with the ES on a DT RCam capturing dark frames can be onerous. [Scripts > Background Scripts > DTDCH ShutterIntegration] can be used to disable the dark frame. If the back has not captured any images since being turned on then one final dark frame will be required. Thereafter, no further dark frames will be requested until the back is restarted.
Download Current Version
If you have any questions during install or use please don’t hesitate to call or email.
Install Video Instructions
NOTE: Renaming the application “Capture One 11” to a different name (e.g. “Capture One CH”) may sometimes crash the script suite upon launching Capture One.
DTDCH Crop Manipulator
Our suite of cropping scripts include:
- Expand or Contract: Moves the edge of the crop. Useful as a followup to AutoCrop to make asymmetrical crops (e.g. more padding on the left/right than on the top/bottom) or to include Object Level Targets which are below the cropped subject. Use command to select more than one edge at a time.
- Page Split: When using the DT RGC180 to image two-up facing pages of bound material the AutoCrop tool’s Book Scanning mode does a great job of cropping the frame to the page-spread. For those clients that would like a crop for each of the two pages this tool does the rest. Give it a selection of page-spread raws and it will create a variant cropped to the left page and a variant cropped to the right page. It will even color tag the left pages green and the right pages red, so that it’s easy to filter the view to just one side at a time. A user-settable margin can be set to include more or less of the gutter or adjoining page.
- Set Specific Size: Allows the user to set a specific size for the width, the height, or both. In all cases the location/center of the crop is maintained.
- Shift: Moves the entire crop up, down, left, or right, without resizing the crop.
- Standardize to Largest: This tool finds the largest width and largest height of the crops applied to all selected images. It then sets all the selected images to that width and height. This serves as a replacement for the Fixed Size mode of Autocrop for collections where Fixed Size Autocrops is not working well (e.g. drifting throughout a book).
Download Current Version
A version compatible with Capture One 11 CH will be posted soon.